View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Technical Question #A09-7661 
Master

Post Re: Technical Question #A09-7661
Atlas wrote:
Doberman wrote:
Atlas wrote:
meh happens, you did remember to use signed bytes for the parts I used shortint for right, important for the dam negative values they like to throw out, like for example the dam cmode daggers starting weapons class lol -1 -_-

Yep, that part was correct in the Teth source before I touched it, just the usage wasn't right

where you using teth's usuage of it in your program?

Yes, the original copy of the pt viewer I made was based off of how Teth loaded the PT file, and from there I had a nice GUI to tinker with rates and figure out what they meant on GC. From there I figured out how they were supposed to be utilized and then changed them accordingly on Teth

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am
Champion

there's a fun way i figured out I had the weapons loading per floor correctly, I loaded up a version 2 file to check it against the bane of my existence in v2:

that's right the VARISTA -_-
ult version 2, why you always got them from boxes etc lol....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also from v2, you can still do stuff like this on gc and xbox if you set the base class high enough:

explanation for the sacred guard on V2 and also why divinity armor and ultimate frame are actually rt drops in BB and gc

Last edited by Lee on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am
Master

Atlas wrote:
there's a fun way i figured out I had the weapons loading per floor correctly, I loaded up a version 2 file to check it against the bane of my existence in v2:

that's right the VARISTA -_-
ult version 2, why you always got them from boxes etc lol....

Lol, yeah I got really confused when I was messing with the weapon min rank and kept spawning DB sabers in normal forest, then I think Choko told me that the weapons get upgraded to a rare weapon after the nonrare ones are expended...same with units, kept spawning God/Arm++s

I still think the formula for doing grind patterns is stupid...too much work for something as silly as grinds

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 am
Champion

Grind system is virtually identical in v2, so copy paste time i guess.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:00 am
Master

You know, I remembered that I did make some edits to the quest name before I sent them off to Choko, so as a test I fired up the server with the stock Teth cmode quests, and loaded up 1c9. I've went through it a few times now and haven't had the issue of bad spawns. So my guess is that Qedit is mangling that data for whatever reason. This actually makes sense because I remember hex editing the coordinates that were bad and then repacking the .dat into the quest file and the edits didn't persist. Should have realized it at the time...guess it doesn't really make a difference but you might want to add that as a disclaimer lol. Still weird that simply reducing the number of slots for that room made Qedit not mangle the data, as that was my temp solution.

Anyways, just replaced all of my quests with the stock Teth quests and changed the stage detection around a bit to compensate, so that issue is now gone. Already added the box rates in as well as the min armor level (which for cmode doesn't make a difference but oh well). Going to add in that bit about weapons that have a negative rank in and aren't supposed to drop yet to compensate for weapon drops being a bit inflated. After that I guess I'll be fixing up the unit ranks and then adding in the exp steal family and fixing up semi set/random drops.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:49 pm
Champion

the quest files manager is pretty separate saving process from the dsm editing part, i did also notice that your qedit appeared to be stock 1.0 version and not the updated public one 1.0b.

Good lesson in there anyway, don't edit stock files till you get them working first lol.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6