View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Section ID Overview [Work in Progress] 
Master

Post Section ID Overview [Work in Progress]
Introduction:
On PSOBB, the section ID is determined by the character class and character name. Your section ID will affect what items drop from the enemies; and once you have made your character, it is going to be very expensive to change your section ID into another section ID. So, it is very important to think carefully about which section ID to use for your character.

To calculate your section, you can use the section ID calculator on PSO-World:
http://www.pso-world.com/secid_BB.php

To see the complete drop chart, you can use this link:
http://www.edenserv.net/drops

The purpose of this guide is to give an overview for each section ID for those who don't want to go through the entire drop chart. Please remember that the overview is based on my opinion on each of the ID, so not everyone may agree with everything I said here. But please feel free to comment if you disagree with something I said or want to add something to the guide.

Section ID Overview:
[Bluefull]
Bluefull is most well known for being able to hunt Heaven Punisher from Hildetorr, which is typically considered as the easiest way to hunt Heaven Punisher. There are some drops that are exclusive to Bluefull, but most of them have alternatives that offer similar or better functions. In general, Bluefull gets a lot of Partisan and some force weapons drop from enemies. Some of them are ok for lower level, but get obsolete very soon once you get to higher level.

Exclusive Drops:
Holy Ray, Asteron Belt, Imperial Pick, Bluefull Card, Siren Glass Hammer

Good to hunt for:
Vjaya with Hit, Demolition Comet with Hit, Photon Booster, v101, Heavenly/Battle, Heavenly/Ability, Limiter, Ophelie Seize with hit

Obtainable, but not the ideal ID to use to hunt for:
(To be updated)

[Greennill]
If you are going to hunt for Ranger gears, you cannot go wrong with Greennill. Many of the useful ranger weapons are relatively easy to drop on Greennill, and Guard Wave (a decent lvl 101 armor) is also an extremely easy drop on Greennill. Other than that, D-Photon Core has a higher drop rate from Olga compared to other IDs; and Guld is obtainable though there is better ID to hunt it. If you want a more guarantee way to farm power and mind materials, Greenill is going to be a good choice since you can farm them from Al Rappy and Hildeblue

Exclusive Drops:
Rianov 303SNR-5, Meteor Rouge, Yasminkov 3000R, Greennill Card

Good to hunt for:
Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, Yasminkov 2000H, Panzer Faust, D-Photon Core, Cannon Rouge, Heaven Striker, Slicer of Fanatic, Heavenly/Power, Heavenly/Ability, Heavenly/Battle

(To be updated)

[Oran]
For Oran, the top three items to hunt for are Syncesta from Hildetorr, Aura Field from Mil Lily, and v502 from Astrak/Kondrieu. Those three items are easier to hunt on Oran than most other IDs. There are a couple of rare items that can be dropped from Oran, but normally it is better to hunt them from other section IDs. For those who have played PSO on the other version, please note that Prophets of Motav is not an Oran exclusive drop on this server. The ultimate episode 4 drop pool for Oran is also pretty nice since most enemies have decent rate to drop either useful units or useful weapons. Other than that, low-ended daggers tend to drop very frequently on Oran, which get obsolete very soon.

Exclusive Drops:
Flowen's Sword AUW 3083, Oran Card, Zero Divide, Book of Katana 2, Dress Plate, Flapjack Flapper

Good to hunt for:
Syncesta, Aura Field, Part of Egg Blaster, Cursed Cloak, v502, v101, Heavenly/Arm, Heavenly/Power, Vivienne, Lame D'Argent, Slicer of Fanatic

(To be updated)

[Pinkal]
Pinkal is basically your ultimate force ID. First, basic force weapons drop very easily from enemies in hard and very hard. Then powerful force gears such as Prophet of Motov, Clio, and Mother Grab+ are easier to obtain in ultimate than other IDs. In addition, most of the amplifiers and barriers have higher drop rate on Pinkal than other IDs. Last but not least, Pinkal has the highest tech disc drop rate out of all the ID. So, if you want to hunt for force stuffs, there is really no reason to not to make a Pinkal.

Exclusive Drops:
Black Gauntlet, Technical Crozier, Pinkal Card

Good to hunt for:
Caduceus, Agito (1975), Prophets of Motav, Stink Frame, Photon Booster, De Rol Le Shell, Heavenly/HP, Heavenly/Arm, Mother Garb+, Heaven Striker, Rage De Feu, Clio, Congeal Cloak, Amplifier and barrier of SI/GI/RA

(To be updated)

[Purplenum]
Although it is not as good as Greennill, Purplenum is still a pretty decent ranger ID. Most of the ranger weapons that can be found on Greennill can also be found on Purplenum, but the Greennill exclusive Rianov 303SNR-5 is typically considered to be more useful than the Purplenum exclusive Yasminkov 9000m, and Greennill has an easier way to hunt Panzer Faust compared to Purplenum. Even though Purplenum is inferior to Greennill in some areas, but Purplenum does have some notable Hunter and Force drops that Greennill doesn't have. For example, Psycho Wand drop from Mil Lily on Purplenum, which is typically considered as the easiest way for Psycho Want hunt; and Swordsman Lore drops from Astrak an Girtablulu, while most other IDs only have it drops from Girtablulu. Overall, you will see a lot of mechguns and rifles dropped from Purplenum, but most of those are going to be considered as junk rare as you level up.

Exclusive Drops:
Heavenly/TP, Yasminkov 9000m, Phonon Maser, Purplenum Card

Good to hunt for:
Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, Ruby Bullet, Heavenly/HP, v101, Heaven Striker, Slicer of Fanatic, Heavenly/Arm, Swordsman Lore

(To be updated)

[Redria]
Redria used to be a very decent ID, but with the introduction of episode 4, some of Redria signature drops started to become obsolete (such as God/Battle and God/Technique). Nevertheless, Redria still have many useful drops. Majority of them are either hunter equipment, force equipment, or equipment/items that can be used by most class. So, if you are making a ranger, it is probably best to avoid making a Redria. If you a leveling a Redria character from scratch, you will probably come across a lot of slicer and double saber type of weapon. Unlike most other weapons you get from lower levels, the Diska of Braveman can actually remain as one of your key weapons until late level if it has good hit.

Exclusive Drops:
Magic Stone Iritista, Tempest Cloak, God/Battle, God/Technique, Valkyrie, Kunai, Book of Katana 1, Flowen's Sword AUW 3082

Good to hunt for:
Add Slots, State/Maintenance, Diska of Braveman with hit, Lavis Cannon, Demolition Comet with hit, DF Field, Monkey King Bar, v801, Heavenly/Mind, Rupika, Limiter

(To be updated)

[Skyly]
Skyly used to be the top Hunter ID in the past, but some of the good items on Skyly drop chart have become a bit obsolete with the introduction of episode 4 items and "dark" weapons unlocked. For example, Sange & Yasha used to be the most powerful twin swords, but it gets surpassed by Jizai; Red Sword and Chainsawd used to be the most powerful sword obtainable, but Dark Flow surpasses both of them easily in term of damage. Nevertheless, Skyly is still a very good Hunter ID. You may not get some of the ultimate hunter weapons from Skyly, most of the hunter weapons drop from Skyly are very decent even for end game.

Exclusive Drops:
Sealed J Sword, DB's Sword AUW 3067, Skyly Card

Good to hunt for:
Red Sword, Chain Sawd, Sange, Part of Egg Blaster, Heart of Poumn, Twin Blaze, Yunchang, Vivienne, Lame D'Argent, v502, Heavenly/Mind

(To be updated)

[Viridia]
To be honest, the main purpose of making a Viridia is for Parasitic Gene Flow and LnK 38 hunt. Parasitic Gene Flow has the highest drop rate from Olga from Viridia, and LnK 38 is a Viridia exclusive drop. Overall, I would also consider the Crater drop to be decent for Viridia, but other than that, the only other notable drop for Viridia is Standstill Shield. The rest of the stuffs are either common to most other IDs or easier to hunt on other IDs.

Exclusive Drops:
Madam's Parasol, L&K 38 Combat, Viridia Card

Good to hunt for:
Parasitic Gene Flow, v101, Heavenly/Battle, Guren, Ophelie Seize with hit

(To be updated)

---------------------------------(Not Updated)--------------------------------

Whitill
Whitill has many exclusive drops, and relatively speaking, the easiest hunt on some of the rare/useful stuffs.
1) Most of the rings are Whitill exclusive, with Red Ring has a higher drop rate than most other section IDs
2) The only ID where Rico's Earrings and Rico's Glasses are dropped from regular mobs other than Falz
3) Ignition Cloak is Whitill exclusive that can be obtained from very hard
4) Easiest way to hunt Guld
5) Lame can be dropped by Kond
6) Guren can be dropped by Dorphon Eclair
7) One of the ID that can find Frozen Shooter from Hildetorr

Yellowboze
Yellowboze is my least familiar ID. From my understanding, it gets a few exclusive drops, but other than that, it is mostly just a nerfed Greennill with some good drops removed.

SimaYi - FOmar - 152
Flandre - FOnewearl - 159

Account 2
B.Selena - RAcaseal - 152
GARcher - RAmar - 152
Celica - RAmarl - 152
terminator - RAcast - 133

Account 3
Yukina - HUnewearl - 110
BansheeNTD - HUcaseal - 113

Last edited by Ryosuke on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:06 pm
Lord

Post Re: Section ID Overview [Work in Progress]
TIP: Try Ctrl+F if you frequently visit this topic.

Well, the Book of Katanas drop on Redria, Oran, and Yellowboze, numbered left to right in that order.

Skyly has the best chance at finding Parts of Egg Blaster.

Greenill has a Meteor Rouge, which might work best if it can combo. Does it combo? It also has the easiest hunt for Yasminkov 2000H, which also drops for Purplenum, Oran, Yellowboze, Whitill, and Virdia, and Yasminkov 3000R, which is exclusive to this section ID.

The Dress Plate drops for Oran, and the Wedding Dress and Galatine drop for Yellowboze.

One good thing about Yellowboze is the Flowen's Sword AUW 3084, but the Nug-2000 Bazooka is a hard drop for this section ID.

Stink Frame and Photon Booster drop for Pinkal while Mother Garb+ drops for Bluefull too.

I guess Ophelie Seize gets no mention, but who can blame you? I wish that mechgun (Mille Marteaux) had handgun range. That gun drops for Bluefull, Viridia, and Purplenum from Pazuzus by the way.

Pinkal and Purplenum can get Heavenly/HP, but only Purplenum can get Heavenly/TP and Phonon Maser.

The Handgun: Milla drops for Whitill exclusively, but there's always BPD1 for the sake of convenience.

Electro Frame is an exclusive Whitill drop, and Black Hound Cuirass drops for Yellowboze and Bluefull. Other decent armors like Luminous Field, Brightness Circle, and DF Field have their section IDs:

Luminous Field - Pinkal, Redria, Skyly, Viridia, and Yellowboze
DF Field - Greenill, Pinkal, Purplenum, Redria, and Whitill
Brightness Circle - Oran, Redria, Skyly, Viridia, and Yellowboze

As far as the goods that don't drop, I'll pass on that by pointing to quest drops/rewards like Gallon's Shop, Claire's Deal 5, Mine Offensive, Forest Offensive, Raid on Central Tower, etc.

Let's not forget what replaced the Commander Blade drops; Pinkal has the Black Gauntlet while Skyly has the Star's Weep Elegy.

Anything else worth mentioning?

Oh, what doesn't drop for everybody that some think does; the Glide Divine doesn't drop for Bluefull, Skyly, and Yellowboze in Very Hard mode from Sand Rappies.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Last edited by Villain on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:38 am
Lord

Greenill is also the best ID for hunting Power and Mind material when spamming Eden's Savior on Normal Mode for Al Rappy and Hildeblue. So you could say it's a top tier material hunting ID. For pow and mind at least.

EDIT: And Yellowboze is bottom tier. It tries to make itself not suck as much by having better droprates for things like NUG2000-Bazooka and possibly something else. The only thing it has going for it is meseta and the fact that the Real Flowen's Sword (AUW 3084) is exclusive to that ID. I think that was the original description for yellowboze. LOTS of BIG meseta drops.

ImageMAGANEGE: HUcaseal Level 170+
ImageDr. Tank: RAcast Level 200+
Account 2:
ImageKeimu: RAmarl 110+
ImageWhithette: FOmar 90+
ImageAltieri: FOnewearl 190+
Image: RAmar 30+

Click here for my Certificate
Credit goes to japanaman2 for making

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:29 am
Local GM

Villain wrote:
I guess Ophelie Seize gets no mention, but who can blame you? I wish that mechgun had handgun range.

Ehhh ??? Ophelie Seize isn't a handgun anymore ?

For redria : Best ID to get a secret gear
And Oran have an easy Flowen shield
With those 2 ID its far easier to get FTD

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:40 am
God

You are not doing oran enough justice it gets many good units.
Do not base your overview on just ultimate mode drops.

Yellow does not have increased meseta drop rate. But yellow does have the sigh of a god.

Dr. Frasier Crane wrote:
"Lazy-guy. I wonder what they call the deluxe model? The hopeless slack-ass?"

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:04 pm
Master

Thanks for the input. I will try to update it later today. I will most likely change the layout a little by having a brief description, exclusive drops, and then notable drops for each ID.

@japanaman

I am aware that Oran gets many good heavenly units from very hard, but most of those units are also easy drops from other IDs. In addition, units are different than weapons and armors. For units, you are set once you get them; however, for weapons and armors, usually it will take multiple drops before you get one with good stats. That's why I didn't say too much on those units.

SimaYi - FOmar - 152
Flandre - FOnewearl - 159

Account 2
B.Selena - RAcaseal - 152
GARcher - RAmar - 152
Celica - RAmarl - 152
terminator - RAcast - 133

Account 3
Yukina - HUnewearl - 110
BansheeNTD - HUcaseal - 113

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 pm
Lord

Oh, The Sigh Of A God, eh? I believe japanaman2 has not done enough justice for Oran as he wished. There's no need to state it, so I'll leave this post as a reminder post.

Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 pm
Lord

roronoa58 wrote:
Ehhh ??? Ophelie Seize isn't a handgun anymore

Oops, one more point: I assumed the Mille Marteaux was that Mechgun. No need to second guess me on that line.