View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Tatsuya's guiide to properly playing the HU class. 
Master

Post Tatsuya's guiide to properly playing the HU class.
First off, unlike what is believed, all of the HU classes are pretty well rounded and skilled, it's all a matter of how you use them that separates the nubmar from the HUmar, nubcast from HUcast and so forth, but i will list each classes benefits and losses.
I should also note that there is no best or worst HU class, it all comes down to the user.

HUmar:
My favorite class in the HU category, HUmars have the second highest ATP and ATA max in the HU class, are able to use most techs up to level 15 and can be a force to be reckoned with in the right hands, the only problem with HUmar is he is hard to use in comparison to some of the other HU classes, as he is the most balanced of the HU class.

HUney:
The most powerful tech user in the HU class, she has higher MST than the HUmar and is definitely the best for support in the HU class, her MST is high enough that she can even act as a FO in tough situations(though it's highly recommended not to rely on this) and though her ATP max is a good 160 points below HUmars, she is still extremely powerful in the right hands, her only drawback is ATA growth, though her max ATA is only 1 point below HUmar's, at 200 she has only gained 147 ATA, meaning to max her ATA you need ATA augments or a mag with 104 points put to DEX.
Personally, i'd avoid a max mat plan for a huney, and aim on getting mind and power up, as maxing a huney out requires filling all 4 armor slots with augments, this isn't too bad but it's up to you.

HUcast:
Ah the powerhouse of the HU class, as well as all of pso, HUcasts boast both the most HP of the HU class and the most ATP of any class, he also has high defense and fair evasion.
Hucasts can use traps, this is very useful in ultimate, as it can save your tail from time to time.
Hucast's have 2 weaknesses, his high HP means that alot of enemies can easily 1 shot him(weak attacks combo like crazy on high HP characters), and about 9 points less ATA than a HUmar, you may say, 9 points? who cares?
It makes a big difference in ep 4 especially, trust me, get a HUcast some s.parts or red ring to make up for it if you can.

HUcastseal:
HUcastseals have the highest ATA of all the HU classes, and has the distinction of being the only character not of the ranger class that can use dual bird.
Hucassy's also have traps, good atp and very good attack animations and good evp, as well as the built in hp restoration ability of casts.
Hucassy's are basically the oposite of HUcasts, where they lack in atp, they gain in ATA, however just like the HUcast, she has her drawbacks, unlike the HUmar and HUcast she isn't immensely powerful and unlike HUney she cannot work support well, however she still holds her own by sheer ATA and is still a extremely capable fighter from her boost in accuracy.

------------------------------

Here i will list the attack animations and which gender tend to have better animations for attacks, these tend to apply for all classes as well.(a special note, males cast faster bare handed, females cast faster with a weapon)
Saber type:male
Dagger type:arguable
Slicer types:female by a hair, but again this is not a 100%
Double saber types:arguable
Dual wielding sword type:female by far
Sword type:females do move more forward, leaving them open a little more, a skilled player can overcome this however, still point goes to male
Halberd type:no difference
Claw:no idea, never use them
All gun types:about the same

--------------------------------------------

Now i'll list the best attack pattern suggestion per weapon.

Saber:
both types:
Using a saber, you will need to do your best to avoid large groups, luring enemies away from the group can be essential to survival, as it's not hard for enemies to surround you, it is highly suggested to attack from the side, as with any forward attack, attacking directly in front of your enemy is suicide in ultimate difficulty.
The best attack pattern is Light>heavy then back away to avoid the attack, however depending on the enemies speed, a light>heavy>heavy combo then backing away could be best.

Dagger:
Both types:
Unlike the saber, dagger types can usually finish a combo fine as long as you attack from the side, Light>heavy>heavy.

Slicer:
Both types:
i won't lie, slicers only have one use, and that's bosses, de rol le, saint million, vol opt, sil dragpn, gol griffon, all can be hit multiple times with a slicer, the slicer is best used on all bosses excluding gol dragon, vol opt dark falz and olga flow, olga flow and dark falz are the only enemies it will not combo on.

Double Saber:
Both types:
this weapon is one of the few that you can actually attack from the front and get away unharmed, as always though only use it when the enemy is alone, light>heavy>heavy or heavy>heavy>heavy if you have hit.

Dual wielding sword type:
Male type:
Males can only do this when the enemy is wide open, as it has a long animation start and finish, a good weapon but nonetheless, best used on females.
Light>heavy>light.
Female type:
Arguably more useful than the double saber, it's one of the best choices to melee with on a female HU, when using it though, you can leave yourself open to attack, as with any single hit weapon, best combo is Light>heavy to light>heavy>heavy, depending on the situation.

Sword:
Both types:
As a HU, you will be using this alot, though that is not a bad thing, swords have some of the best power and ability of all of pso.
Using a sword, as long as the enemy in front of you is turned to the side, you can usually do a light>heavy>heavy combo or heavy>heavy combo if you have hit with little problems, just be sure to never attack from the front.

Halberd:
Both types:
Same basic rules apply for halberds as for swords, however halberds tend to have higher hit while losing in atp.

Claw:
like i said, no idea, anyone want to help me fill this one in?

Guns:
Both types:
Not really much to say here, guns are good for ranged attacks, excluding mechguns which i'll get to in a minute.

------------------------------------
Now i will talk about the recommended equips for a HU.
These are your needed equips by ultimate difficulty, you can get by without some, but this will make it much easier.
Needed units:
V101 or H/Battle(until level 150 at least, you need the boost in attack speed)
Smartlink(by far one of the most broken units in the game, this makes ranged attacks not lose accuracy the further it goes)

Armor:
Blue odoshi Violet Nimaidou
You may ask why i picked this one, well with the inclusion of a built in H/battle(thus freeing a slot), it's defense is good, but not too high, keep in mind that high defense is not always a good thing in pso, alot of enemies can combo kill you in ultimate, until you get it, i'd suggest a lieutenant mantle.

Shield:
Red ring is the best, but rupika, gods shield kouryu, from the depths, standstill shield and kasami bracer are all good choices.
Alternatively, S.parts 2.10 for casts, though that's arguably a harder hunt than red ring.

Mag:
A good mag plan is basically a 5 def, 145-150 pow, 45-50 ata, and 0 mind, for huney i'd make it 5/91/104/0 mag, keep in mind this is based on general need, so this formula may not be needed depending on mat usage (with the exception of ATA, as it doesn't have a mat of it's own on pso).

Single type weapon:
Unless you get an extremely powerful weapon of another class, this will be your primary single target weapon, which you'll use on smaller enemies and bosses(except falz 3), i'd suggest double sabers for males, and dual wielding or double sabers for females.
Only use this when the enemy is alone or separated from the pack, attack enemies from the side with it, with full combo, then move back a little to avoid the attack, repeat till the enemy falls.

Sword/halberd type weapon:
This is your group killer, use this in the same way you used the single type, from the side and backing up after each combo.

Gun type:
This is useful for certain enemies(tower comes to mind), dark falz 2 and 3, olga flow 1, gal griffon, gol dragon and shambertin/saint million, also in dangerious situations, using a gun can save your characters tail.

Mechgun type:
This is your big monster and dark falz 1 killer, with it you can do a ton of damage, even more than most single type weapons, but they do have a longer combo halt, which can seriously hurt if you miss.
Definitely a must have.

Slicer/J-cutter type:
A boss killer, this is good for ep 1's dragon, de rol le, barba ray and shambertin/saint million, alternatively it can be used to attack groups, but you need to be careful when doing so.

All in all the most important thing to remember is, evasion is better than blocking, as hu's tend to be in the thick of it all, you must learn defense more than offense in this game on HU's, as hu's have offense covered easily.

I hope you found this guide helpful.

Last edited by Tatsuya kai on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:06 pm
PROSPECTORS!

Post Re: Tatsuya's guiide to properly playing the HU class.
Sabers are actually, in my opinion, best used with HH if you can hit, or LH if your ATA is less than satisfactory.

The cooldown after the third swing is much longer than after the second.

Although this is really only important information for challenge mode, I thought I'd throw it out there. XD

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:48 am
Champion

Nice guide but HUcasts aint the powerhouse in HUnter class they are most powerful in most as there atp is higher than any other class

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:07 am
Master

Ecliptik wrote:
Nice guide but HUcasts aint the powerhouse in HUnter class they are most powerful in most as there atp is higher than any other class

Actually i did point that out, t i'll edit it, np.

And karma, if we get C-mode working, i was going to make a specific guide for that, and this guide is more for ultimate than normal-Vhard, using a HH combo in ultimate will usually result in misses even at max ATA(unless the weapon has high hit of course), which in the long run slow down your character, though i did get the pattern mixed up(i'm a little dyslexic XD) so thanks for pointing that out.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:33 pm
King

mind if i translate it?

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:08 pm
Master

Raven wrote:
mind if i translate it?

Nope go ahead, but i'm not finished yet, i want to make sure i cover every detail needed.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 pm
King

Then i'll wait ^^

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:28 pm
Master

Ok finished, took longer than expected.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:37 pm
Champion

Hmm.... I looked at it and it is a great guide and the weapon tips are good for newbs

Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:39 pm
Champion

Note that you can take advantage of the SnS (Special / Normal / Special) glitch on the slicers to apply Status Effects.

SoF is good for human types. (Also note Fomarl animation ftw.)
Arrest J-Cutters / Slicers beong good on casts. (Add in a v501 / v502.)

Needles are still the best for Rangers.

Hucaseals have the best animations in:

Daggers
Double Sabers ( 2 / 2 / 2 makes for balanced accuracy to avoid getting hit. )

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]